Friday, May 14, 2010

bought my wedding band

So D and I went to the Macy's "Sip and Scan" event tonight night to start our registry (by the way, when you label an event "Sip and Scan" and put a chick holding a glass of wine/champagne on the invite, it is pretty much a HUGE disappointment that the only thing to "sip" is punch...) and after we turned in our scanner and picked up our goodie-bag we decided to head into the mall. I have seen these little channel set diamond bands advertised and wanted to take a look and try them on in person.

The intention was really JUST a first look, get an idea as to what carat weight and band width looked best with the engagement ring, see how the different diamonds and metals looked next to each other, etc etc. So after being really annoyed at the sales lady for making me wait about 5 minutes before coming over to unlock the cases and show me the rings, and dismayed by their limited selection, I was pretty much ready to go. She said, ok if you’ll hold on a second, let me go check the back, I may have something back there that I think may be what you’re looking for. So she comes back with a band that I do like, but like I said, I wasn’t really looking to purchase right this second. She takes out her calculator and plays with the price, quoting me approx 45% off the sticker price (typical part of "the game"). So I asked about the sizing (knowing that it isn’t included) because all “stock” rings come in 7, and she says she’ll throw it in. So then I asked if it is Rh plated and she said yes. Still looking for an out I said, well, thanks, what I really want is a palladium band to match, I don’t want to have to pay to get this plated every few years. She THEN informs me that what she is throwing in is actually a Lifetime Service for the ring which includes cleanings, re-sizing, inspections and repairs (including replacing diamonds if they should fall out), and Rh plating. All unlimited for the life of the ring! I said, ummmm SOLD!




So I am excited! I got a great deal on the ring, it looks good with my engagement ring and by itself, and I don’t have to worry about the expense of lifetime maintenance.








No comments:

Post a Comment